Re: Reset DB stats suggestion pg_stat_reset()

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Reset DB stats suggestion pg_stat_reset()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/23/20 10:19 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 2/22/20 6:40 PM, postggen2020 s wrote:
>> Thanks Adrian.
>> I am aware about the functions. Here need is, can we use this?.or is
>> there any known effects after firing the functions?.
>
> Yes the stats counters will be reset to 0, which means the planner will
> not have accurate statistics to work with. That can be corrected with an
> ANALYZE.

I should have listened to the little voice that told me to confirm the
above. The reset will reset the counters in the tables listed here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-STATS-VIEWS

It does not change the statistics here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/catalog-pg-statistic.html

Therefore an ANALYZE is not strictly required.

The questions below still hold though.

The questions I have are:

--
Adrian Klaver