Re: problems with pg_restore

От Kuhn, Dylan K (4520500D)
Тема Re: problems with pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Hm.  Evidently not :-(.  The COMMENT ON DATABASE facility is
> a bit bogus
> anyway (since there's no way to make the comments visible across
> databases).  You might be best advised not to use it.

I agree.  I plan to delete it and try again, and avoid using database comments in the future.  This seems to work:

DELETE FROM ONLY pg_description
 WHERE pg_description.objoid=
     (SELECT pg_database.oid FROM pg_database WHERE pg_database.datname=current_database())
   AND pg_description.classoid=
     (SELECT pg_class.relfilenode FROM pg_class WHERE pg_class.relname='pg_database');

> (though I'm
> not quite sure how to phrase the warning ...).  Any thoughts?

I would have been happy enough with the existing message as a warning - probably anyone who tries to use database
commentshas noticed the limitations.

-dylan-