Confused by 'timing' results

От A J
Тема Confused by 'timing' results
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
time echo '\timing \\select * from  table1 where id = 123;' | psql

I am trying to time a simple select statement from different clients located at different places. The database is on US east-coast.
In the above query. the 'timing' will time the database time and the 'time' command at the very start will time the complete time for the query including network time.

When I run the query on the database, I get:
Time: 2.357 ms
real    0m0.010s