Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12.12.2006, at 02:37, Michael Stone wrote:

> Can anyone else reproduce these results? I'm on similar hardware
> (2.5GHz P4, 1.5G RAM) and my test results are more like this:

I'm on totally different hardware / software (MacBook Pro 2.33GHz
C2D) and I can't reproduce the tests.

I have played with a lot of settings in the CFLAGS including -march
and -O3 and -O2 - there is no significant difference in the tests.

With fsync=off I get around 2100tps on average with all different
settings I have tested. I tried to get the rest of the setup as
similar to the described on ty Daniel as possible. It might be that
the crappy Pentium 4 needs some special handling, but I can't get the
Core 2 Duo in my laptop produce different tps numbers with the
different optimizations.

Btw: best results were 2147 with -march=i686 and 2137 with -
march=nocona. Both with -O3.

cug