Re: Can anyone explain this: duplicate dbs.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can anyone explain this: duplicate dbs.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>> If I pg_dump that database then create a new database (e.g. "tempdb")
>> and upload the dump file (thus making a duplicate) then the same query
>> only takes 190ms !!
>> Vacuum, vacuum analyse, and vacuum full analyse does not seem to have an
>> impact on these times.

> Damn, for some reason I didn't read that you had already tried vacuum
> full.

I'm thinking index bloat, and a PG version too old for vacuum full to
recover any index space.  But without any information about PG version
or EXPLAIN ANALYZE results, we're all just guessing.

Сообщение: Re: Can anyone explain this: duplicate dbs.
Сообщение: Re: Can anyone explain this: duplicate dbs.