Re: psql won't "createdb"

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: psql won't "createdb"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Oct 27, 2004, at 2:45 AM, Shayne Patton wrote:

> This is kinda weird.  I'm using the pg8 beta4.  When I install on Win
> 2k3 server, it lets me do everything I want to do through pgAdmin,
> however I prefer the console based psql.  Problem is, when I connect
> to template1 (or anything else) I'm unable to "createdb".  This
> happens when I attempt it w/out the wrapper as well (as in CREATE
> DATABASE).

 From your description it sounds like you are trying connect via psql
and then use "createdb". But createdb is a command line program you
need to run at the command prompt (not the psql prompt). Apologies if
you know all this and I have just misunderstood your description of the
problem.

Post the error output from createdb if you still can't get it to work.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL