tablespace?

От Charlie Crissman
Тема tablespace?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am an Oracle DBA and we are trying some things out in PostgreSQL.

Is there such a notion in PG as a 'tablespace'?  In Oracle, it is
represented by one or more physical files out on the filesystem.  If you
want to store a table in a physically different location (different drive),
you would put it in a different tablespace.

How can this be done with PostgreSQL?

Thanks, Charlie

Charlie Crissman
Sr. Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified Professional DBA
No Boundaries Network, Inc.
904-245-6839
Pager 904-840-3684
mailto:CCrissman@nbibx.com <mailto:CCrissman@nbibx.com>
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes.