Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL 9.3 DB initialization issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL 9.3 DB initialization issue
Дата
Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL 9.3 DB initialization issue  (Steve Midgley <science@misuse.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
On 05/13/2017 08:53 AM, Ashish Tiwari wrote:
> Hi Andrian,
>
> The data have kept separate as in
>
> /pgsql/data2 directory.
>
> We are passing this path while starting the server using pg-ctl from bin
> directory as well this data path is given in to postgresql.conf .
>
> So in current situation the binary is as of 9.3 and data is as of 9.2
>
> As an alternative can we install the 9.2 and manually make the up DB is
> it possible Or data is lost ?. finally

If  /pgsql/data2 represents the Postgres 9.2 data directory then the
data is not lost.

I am including information from your previous post in the below.

 > $./initdb  -D /pgsql/9.3/main/data

Are you overriding the default location that Debian uses?:

https://wiki.debian.org/PostgreSql

I would look at the above to see how you can use the Debian tools to
maintain/create multiple Postgres clusters.

 > 9.2 is uninstalled now.

You will need to install it again to be able to access the data in the
9.2 data directory you show above(/pgsql/data2). I would maintain that
copy(/pgsql/data2) and just copy it into the 9.2 cluster when you get it
reinstalled. If you want to upgrade to 9.3, then use the 9.3 pg_dumpall
to dump the 9.2 data and then the 9.3 pg_restore to restore it into the
9.3 instance.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL 9.3 DB initialization issue
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL 9.3 DB initialization issue