Re: Wal -long transaction

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Wal -long transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> And it's been a while; but I thought transactions like that could
> overflow rollback segments in that other database.

ORA-01555:    snapshot too old: rollback segment number string with name
"string" too small
Cause:    Rollback records needed by a reader for consistent read are
overwritten by other writers.
Action:    If in Automatic Undo Management mode, increase the setting of
UNDO_RETENTION. Otherwise, use larger rollback segments.

In 10g you can do

ALTER TABLESPACE UNDO_TS2 RETENTION GUARANTEE;

which will automgically grow the undo tablespace until you run out of
disk space or the transaction ends.