Hot Standby DB solution

От Nigel Bishop
Тема Hot Standby DB solution
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello list,

RH 4

PG 8.0.3

I’m investigating the use of a second server with a backup copy of the live DB set up and in recovery mode.

I want to copy (scp?) the archived WAL files over and apply these to the standby DB.

Basically what I am after is any documentation on how to set this up – the backup/recovery documentation section mentions it but does not go into any detail.

I had a hunt through the archives and although some people appeared to be using this scenario, I couldn’t find any definitive solutions

One of the things I do not fully understand is how to keep the standby DB in recovery mode.

Would 8.0.3 be OK for this or would I be better shifting to 8.1.1?

If anyone has any information on the above and is willing to share it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel

Communications on or through ioko's computer systems may be monitored or recorded to secure effective system operation and for other lawful purposes.

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately. No employee is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of ioko with another party by e-mail without prior express written confirmation.

ioko365 Ltd. VAT reg 656 2443 31. Reg no 3048367. All rights reserved.