Re: Runtime error: could not open segment 1 of relation ...

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: Runtime error: could not open segment 1 of relation ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom,

I haven't used the ltree module ... I'll take a look at our DB and see. It's possible that this was an index problem as
therewas a bulk update with indexes in tact, so there would have been a lot of index shuffling, and the db was not shut
downsince that update.

Thanks,

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From:    Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent:    Tue 9/26/2006 3:36 PM
To:    Gregory S. Williamson
Cc:    Talha Khan; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject:    Re: [ADMIN] Runtime error: could not open segment 1 of relation ...

"Gregory S. Williamson" <gsw@globexplorer.com> writes:
>> 2006-09-26 10:02:15.124 PDT 1387333718 ERROR:  could not open segment 1 of
>> relation 1663/43801/7274801 (target block 478216192): No such file or
>> directory

This is most likely caused by trying to follow a bogus item pointer in
an index.  If the problem went away after a restart, the bogus value
could not have been on disk but must have been in a bad in-memory copy
of an index page.  Which suggests a hardware glitch ... although if you
are using contrib/ltree, I recall seeing several bug fixes go by
recently that were described as fixing potential ltree-index corruption
issues.

Click link below if it is SPAM gsw@globexplorer.com

"https://mailscanner.globexplorer.com/dspam/dspam.cgi?signatureID=4519aa77100151804284693&user=gsw@globexplorer.com&retrain=spam&template=history&history_page=1"
!DSPAM:4519aa77100151804284693!

Сообщение: Re: Runtime error: could not open segment 1 of relation ...
Сообщение: Re: Runtime error: could not open segment 1 of relation ...