Re: dbmirror

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: dbmirror
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Edward,

We have used it for a simple mirroring of transaction data. It has worked like a champ so far, but the number of tables
islow (less than 10) and the transactions tend to be inserts (common), updates (less so) and deletes rarely, none of
themvery frequent. The two servers are quite close physically (different racks but the same cage), and the speed of
updatesis reliable. We've only had to roll over from the primary to the mirror a couple of times, and both times the
processwas painless (going back the other way when the primary is back up is more of a pain, of course, other
replicatorsare far better at that sort of thing; with dbmirror you have to do it manually.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From:    Edward Konetzko [mailto:konetzed@linuxworkz.com]
Sent:    Tue 3/22/2005 2:34 PM
To:    pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject:    [ADMIN] dbmirror
Hi

I was wondering if anyone is using the dbmirror stuff that come with
postgres versions >7.3.1.  If so what kind of experiences have you had.
I am looking a small number < 10 tables that will contain a lot of very
important data and I would like a way to replicate it.

Thanks
Edward

!DSPAM:42409b5594949384715446!