Re: [pgadmin-support] Overloading functions that are used by operators.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Overloading functions that are used by operators.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> I see no such error here ...
>>
>> regression=# create function pg_catalog.textcat(varchar,text)
>> regression-# returns text as 'textcat' language 'internal';
>> CREATE FUNCTION

> Andreas (Pflug) reckons it's gone in 7.4, but in 7.3.2 I see:
> [ complicated query ]

Oh.  I'll bet you're running into the regproc-reverse-conversion
problem.  'textcat' is one of the histogram values appearing in pg_stats
for pg_operator.oprcode, right?  The error comes when the planner tries
to convert that string back to OID form.  We fixed this in 7.4 by
modifying the way that pg_statistic stores data values, so that no
conversion needs to occur.