Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> The next fine-tuning bit I'd normally apply in this situation is to see if
> increasing checkpoint_completion_target from the default (0.5) to 0.9 does
> anything to flatten out that response time graph.  I've seen a modest
> increase in wal_buffers (from the default to, say, 1MB) help smooth out the
> rough spots too.

Hi all,

After yet another delay, I have .6 to .9 (I forgot .5. :():

http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/526

I don't think the effects of the checkpoint_completion_target are
significant, and I sort of feel it's because the entire database is on
a single device.  I've started doing some runs with the database log
on a separate device, so I'll be trying some of these parameters
again.

Regards,
Mark