Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> "Mark Wong" <markwkm@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the input.
>
> In a more constructive vein:
>
> 1) autovacuum doesn't seem to be properly tracked. It looks like you're just
>   tracking the autovacuum process and not the actual vacuum subprocesses
>   which it spawns.

Hrm, tracking just the launcher process certainly doesn't help.  Are
the spawned processed short lived?  I take a snapshot of
/proc/<pid>/io data every 60 seconds.  The only thing I see named
autovacuum is the launcher process.  Or perhaps I can't read?  Here is
the raw data of the /proc/<pid>/io captures:

http://207.173.203.223/~markwkm/community6/dbt2/baseline.1000.1/db/iopp.out

> 2) The response time graphs would be more informative if you excluded the
>   ramp-up portion of the test. As it is there are big spikes at the low end
>   but it's not clear whether they're really part of the curve or due to
>   ramp-up. This is especially visible in the stock-level graph where it
>   throws off the whole y scale.

Ok, we'll take note and see what we can do.

Regards,
Mark

Сообщение: Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5