Re: How to detect if Postgres needs a restart when configuration changes

От Jason Mathis
Тема Re: How to detect if Postgres needs a restart when configuration changes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
How are you automating? Have you looked at puppet or anything? Puppet labs maintains a postgresql module that has all
thatbaked in. Check it out at least it can give you some ideas.

https://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/postgresql

> On Sep 30, 2014, at 6:20 PM, Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> On 14/10/01 8:51, Strahinja Kustudić wrote:
>> I am automating Postgres deployment on Linux and I need to check if Postgres
>> needs to be restarted when a configuration parameter that requires a restart
>> changes, e.g. when you change wal_level. Is there a way to detect a parameter
>> which requires a restart was changed?
>>
>> Reading the log file after sending SIGHUP is not possible to automate. I know
>> I can query pg_settings and then compare relevant parameters from the conf file,
>> but that means I will need to check all parameters which I set and which require a
>> restart. I only need to know if postgres requires a restart.
>
> I created an experimental background worker which records configuration parameter
> changes after a SIGHUP is received:
>
>  https://github.com/ibarwick/config_log
>
> It was originally intended to log configuration changes, however it
> might be possible to create a query based off the recorded values to detect
> changes which require a restart.
>
> No guarantee of fitness for purpose. Requires 9.3 or later.
>

> Regards
>
> Ian Barwick
>
> --
> Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
>

> --

This transmission contains confidential and privileged information intended
solely for the party identified above. If you receive this message in
error, you must not use it or convey it to others. Please destroy it
immediately and contact the sender at (303) 386-3955 or by return e-mail to
the sender.

Сообщение: Re: How to detect if Postgres needs a restart when configuration changes
Сообщение: Re: How to detect if Postgres needs a restart when configuration changes