Re: 8.x index insert performance

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: 8.x index insert performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> mark@mark.mielke.cc writes:
> > I've been trying to figure out whether null values are indexed or
not
> from
> > the documentation. I was under the impression, that null values are
not
> > stored in the index.
>
> You're mistaken, at least with regard to btree indexes.

hmm. I tried several different ways to filter/extract null values from
an indexed key and got a seq scan every time.  The only way I could
query for/against null values was to convert to bool via function.

However I did a partial exclusion on a 1% non null value really big
table and index size dropped as expected.

Merlin

Сообщение: Re: 8.x index insert performance
Сообщение: Re: 8.x index insert performance