Re: insert performance for win32

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: insert performance for win32
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Hi,
>
> I usually use PostgreSQL coupled with Linux, but I have to use Windows
for
> perticular project.
>
> So I wanted to do some tests to know if the performance will be
acceptable
> (I
> don't need PostgreSQL to be as fast with windows as with linux, but it
has
> be usable...).

In my experience win32 is par with linux generally with a few gotchas on
either side.  Are your times with fsync=no? It's much harder to give
apples-apples comparison with fsync=on for various reasons.

Are you running stats_command_string=on?  Try disabling and compare
results.
Is your loading app running locally or on the server?

I am very interesting in discovering sources of high cpu load problems
on win32.  If you are still having problems could you get a gprof
profile together?  There is a recent thread on win32-hackers discussing
how to do this.

Merlin