Re: Notes on lock table spilling

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Notes on lock table spilling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 18:09 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I'm seeing what can I do about spilling the lock table to disk
> > I welcome comments on the ideas outlined here.  If anyone sees a
> > showstopper please let me know.
>
> Perhaps a little delayed, but yes, I have major reservations about the
> whole concept of spilling the lock table to disk. If you implement
this,
> I would very much like a switch to be able to turn it off, somehow.

me too.  I very much like the current behavior, so that a transaction is
aborted when lock table space is exhausted.  This is pretty flexible
because you can always manipulate the lock table size.  However,
Alvaro's stuff would still be nice when doing massive database changes
that are not performance sensitive.

By the way Alvaro, are you still planning to reorganize the lock union?

Merlin

Сообщение: Re: Notes on lock table spilling
Сообщение: Re: Notes on lock table spilling