Re: Need help in Postgres log shipping replication

От Jahnavi Chintakunta
Тема Re: Need help in Postgres log shipping replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jahnavi Chintakunta
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:03 PM
To: 'Ray Stell'
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] Need help in Postgres log shipping replication

Thanks Ray for the reply.

Actually I am testing replication in a test Database & I'm the sole user of that .
No connections or no activity is happening in the database.pg_stat_activity just shows my connections with the status
as'IDLE'.

For more information on this,

When the standy server is stopped, then the pg_xlog's in the master server are stagnant.

As soon as I start the standby server in recovery mode and as soon as that server starts reading the data from Master
server, the pg_xlog files in Master server are getting created. And this looping of standy server reading the files &
Masterserver creating new log's is continuing for hours. SO I doubt somewhere in the set up the process is looping and
hereI need the help.

Thanks
Jahnavi