Re: [GENERAL] FW: How to upload data to postgres

От Markova, Nina
Тема Re: [GENERAL] FW: How to upload data to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Adrian.

I have read the Postgres 'copy' - the problem is that Postgres doesn't
understand Ingres format. This is I think where the failure comes from.
If I don't find a tool, I have to write scripts to convert data to
something postgres understand.

In the Ingres file with data for each varchar field, before the field is
the real size :

    48070           820010601       820030210        41.890
-80.811           0.000         1U
    3A16            819871030       0        47.471         -70.006
0.015         1R      0

In the example above:
 3A16 - means for varchar(5) field there are only characters, i.e. A16
 48070 - means for varchar(5) field there are only 4 characters, i.e.
8070
819871030 - 8 characters, i.e. 19871030

 When I created the same table in Postgres, inserted some test data  and
later copied it to a file, this is how it looks like:

A16     19871030                47.471  -70.006 0.015   R
KLNO    19801028                47.473  -70.006 0.016   R
MLNO    19801028        19990101        47.413  -70.006 0.016   R

   Column    |          Type          |               Modifiers

-------
 sta         | character varying(5)   | not null
 ondate      | character varying(8)   | not null
 offdate     | character varying(8)   | not null
 lat         | double precision       | not null
 lon         | double precision       | not null
 elev        | double precision       | not null default 0
 regist_code | character(1)           | not null default ' '::bpchar

Nina