Encoding Problem

От Mokhtary, Mandana
Тема Encoding Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi

I am trying to load shapfiles into the postgreSQL9.0. The database encoding is UTF8.

My shapfiles coming from Sweden, so there are some Swedish alphabet in the fields name and also inside columns data.

I used this command to load shapfiles:

C:\Pragram Files\PostgreSQL\9.0> shp2pgsql -s 2400 –c –W LATIN1 C:/project/Mandana/OBO/WSPbackground_shp/Primärkartan.shp |psql –U postgres OBO

I could insert shapfiles which do not have Swedish alphabet in their fields name or data inside the columns, but I could not load others that have Swedish alphabet.

I get this ERROR:

invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8”:0xe4726b

Any help would be so appreciated.

Vänliga hälsningar

Mandana Mokhtary
Geografisk IT och mätningsteknik

WSP Samhällsbyggnad
SE-121 88  Stockholm-Globen
Besök/visit: Arenavägen 7
Tel/phone: +46 (0)8 688 60 00
Fax: +46 (0)8 688 69 99
Mobil/mobile: +46 (0)70 297 48 10
www.wspgroup.se

WSP är ett globalt analys- och teknikföretag som erbjuder konsulttjänster för hållbar samhällsutveckling inom Hus & Industri, Transport & Infrastruktur samt Miljö & Energi.

CONFIDENTIAL
This e-mail is confidential to the named recipient. If you have received a copy in error, please destroy it. You may not use or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anyone, nor take copies of it. The only copies permitted are (1) by the named recipient and (2) for the purposes of completing successful electronic transmission to the named recipient and then only on the condition that these copies, with this notice attached, are kept confidential until destruction.