Re: Archives formatting

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Archives formatting
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> Evening all,
>
> I've been fiddling around with the formatting of the archives
> pages to make them blend in more with the main website.
> Because most of these are generated by Majordomo, there's
> only so much that can be done, so I've restricted my
> formatting to the header and footer files that get included
> when pages are served. Consequently, the pages do not exactly
> validate perfectly, but they do seem to render OK.
>
> http://archives2.postgresql.org/
>
> (Note that this is not being kept up to date).
>
> Thoughts/comments? Any reasons not to put it live?

Looks nice. Much nicer than what we have now :-)

I assume you mean replacing what's on archives. now, or do you mean
moving it to the different server as well?

Can it be set up so it can pull any changes to the menus etc now and
then from the main site, or does that have to be updated manually?
(Especially important for the left-side menu)

How about moving the search box to the bottom of the page? Or have a
simple search on top and a larger one at the bottom? It uses up a whole
lof ot screen space as it is now...

//Magnus