Re: ADDLOCAL Parameter Values for Silent Istall

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: ADDLOCAL Parameter Values for Silent Istall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Noticed in the documentation that the values for this
> parameter can be found in wxs/pginst.wxs, but have not been
> able to find this on either an installed platform or on the
> source disk.

You'll find it in the cvs source to the insaller on the pgfoundry page
at
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pginstaller/pginst/wxs/pgins
t.wxs?rev=1.116.2.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=REL-
8_0_4.

You can find it with Orca as wlel, but that's going to be a lot more
work.

BTW, the list on the page should be up-to-date per 8.0.x. It's changed
in 8.1.

> So far, we have been using default install. I am assuming
> default includes:
>   server
>   pgadmin
>   psql
> QUESTION 1: Are my assumptions on the defaults ABOVE true for
> Windows 8.0.1?
> If not,
>   what else do I need?

To see the defaults in any release, just start the installer in
interactive mode. Whatever is enabled by default there will be enabled
when you don't specify any ADDLOCAL parameter.

> I want to be sure pl/pgsql is included, and want to add fuzzy
> string match.
> QUESTION 2: How do I add these?

These are always installed, but not activated. To active pl/pgsql, set
PL_PGSQL=1. This is enabled by default. To activate fuzzy string match,
set FUZZYSTRMATCH=1.

For a full list for 8.0.4, see
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pginstaller/pginst/wxs/pgins
t.wxs?rev=1.116.2.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=REL-
8_0_4

//Magnus