Re: [GENERAL] Starting PostgreSQL on WinXP is not working

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Starting PostgreSQL on WinXP is not working
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>   Hi, i'm working with PostgreSQL for a long time (about
> three years), but always on Linux box. But recently, I had to
> intall PostgreSQL on a WinXP machine!
>   The installation works fine, although the starting service
> did not works in the finalization of the installation! The
> installation was done in a WinXP SP1 as a service!
>   My problem is that I installed with admin rights, but
> created the user postgres for the system and user postgres
> for the database. The user postgres for the system is
> supposed to be used to start the service, but i think it is
> not happening, the system tries to start the service with the
> user that login in the system (the admin). If I trie to start
> the service with a user without admin privileges it gives me
> this error:
>
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 NOTICE:  Unknown win32 socket error code: 10106
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 LOG:  could not create IPv4 socket:
> Invalid argument
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 WARNING:  could not create listen socket
> for "localhost"
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 FATAL:  no socket created for listening
>
>   I googled a lot and dind't find anything with this kind of
> error. So, I really need some help!
>   Thanks a lot!!

10106 is "The requested service provider could not be loaded or
initialized.".

it looks like your TCP stack is broken somehow. I'd look into firewall
and antivirus software. Either it has some blocking functions that
returns weird results, or it's just broken  in general.

//Magnus