Re: updating windows installation

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: updating windows installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can change the password at any time. Use the MMC snapin "Local Users and Groups" in Windows - it's just a standard user. (This snapin is also available from the Computer Management MMC console). This assume Win2000 or newer. If you're on NT4, yo use "User Manager".

Or you can run "net user postgres MyNewPassword" on the commandline to change the password to MyNewPassword. This should work on all supported versions.

//Magnus

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Rick Schumeyer
Sent: den 7 januari 2005 17:28
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] updating windows installation

Last month I installed the windows version of 8.0 RC1.  The installation

installed postgresql as a service with user “postgres”, and an associated

password.  “postgres” is a service user, not a standard user.

Yesterday, I uninstalled 8.0 RC1 and then installed 8.0 RC3.  That worked,

once I realized that the “postgres” service user was never deleted, and

that I could only install RC3 if I remembered the password from RC1.  I guess

I could also use a different name for the service user.

It seems that I may be able to change the password for the postgres service

user IF postgres is still registered as a service (before I uninstall).  But, if I have

already uninstalled postgres, can I still change the password of delete the user?