Re: Unkillable Backend Processes

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Unkillable Backend Processes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On May 22, 2006, at 8:16 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
>
>> When I kill these off individually using kill and then shut down the
>> postmaster with pg_ctl immediate mode, I will occasionally find a
>> backend process that cannot be killed, even with a KILL (-9) signal.
>>
>> Is this likely to be caused by something at a lower level than
>> postgres?
>
> Nothing Postgres does is able to block a SIGKILL (-9) signal.  You can
> be certain that it is stuck in a system call, most likely reading
> something from disk.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/
3004 B Poston Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203-1314
615-260-0005 (cell)
615-469-5150 (office)
615-469-5151 (fax)

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Unkillable Backend Processes
От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?