[GENERAL] pg_dump Conflict with recovery

От Israel Brewster
Тема [GENERAL] pg_dump Conflict with recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a backup strategy that in part consists of doing pg_dump s on my various databases. In order to hopefully reduce/prevent operational slow-down as a result of the backup, I do the dumps from my secondary server, configured as a hot standby with streaming replication.

In general this works fine, but one of my databases has now grown to the point that often as not I get the following when trying to dump the database:

ERROR:  canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL:  User was holding a relation lock for too long.

As I understand it, this is due to the pg_dump taking longer than the max_standby_streaming_delay of 180s, and as such could be easily fixed by upping that value in the config. But is that the "right" fix? Or is there a "better" way?
Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
Ravn Alaska
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7293

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Why does this hot standy archive_command work
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Why does this hot standy archive_command work