Re: Disk Performance Problem on Large DB

От Jonathan Hoover
Тема Re: Disk Performance Problem on Large DB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am in the middle of re-creating the indexes now, and what is interesting is how atop is not reporting heavy use of
thehard drive now. Instead, I see postgres using 80% of the proc (instead of 8% earlier) and drive usage is 20+ MBr/s
and16+ MBw/s now (instead of .1 and 3.0 respectively earlier). Could it really be the PK causing the delay, or is it
reallythe maintenance_work_mem or simply the idea of creating the indexing after? Good info, hopefully I can do some
testingover these ideas over the next few days. For now, I'm hoping I can just get things moving enough.

As I finished this up, I have noticed disk performance is down to 4+ MBw/s and MBr/s, but it is not "red" in atop any
longer,and proc usage now seems to be the limiting factor.

Good stuff...
Jon