Re: troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore

От Samuel Stearns
Тема Re: troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Try this:

pg_dump –n tsakai canon | psql musket

Sam

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tena Sakai
Sent: Wednesday, 19 May 2010 8:45 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore

Hi Everybody,

I am a bit troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore.  My platform is
redhat linux, Del 64 bit hardware, running postgres 8.3.7.
I have a database named canon and I want to move a schema full of
tables from canon to a new database named musket.  The schema I
am interested in is called tsakai.  Here's what I have done:

  $ env | grep PG
  PGUSER=postgres
  PGDATABASE=canon
  PGHOST=localhost
  PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
  $
  $ pg_dump -n tsakai > canon_tsakai.sql
  $
  $ echo $?
  0
  $
  $ pg_restore -l canon_tsakai.sql
  pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive
  $
  $ pg_restore -d musket canon_tsakai.sql
  pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

Can someone please tell me (1) if there is anything wrong with my invocation
of pd_dump?  (I want to generate a file pd_restore can use to feed to
musket database.)  (2) Why pg_restore wouldn't give me listing?  And (3)
why the second pg_restore command is upset?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tena sakai

Сообщение: Re: troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore
Сообщение: Re: troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore