Re: Upgrading 9.6.9 to 10.4

От John Scalia
Тема Re: Upgrading 9.6.9 to 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok, I figured out why the Makefile is broken for pglogical for PostgreSQL V.10. The pg_config utility returned 10.4 for
theline setting Makefile parameter PGVER. Adding a simple “| cut -c1-2 to that line allows the Makefile to run for 9.6
and10.4, probably other versions as well.

There are compile problems, however, in several source files. I don’t have the code in front of me, but one doing heap
workcalls replorigin_drop with a single argument, but that changed in V10 to need 2 args. Fairly easy to fix that one.

Another source calls ExecARUpdateTriggers, and its friends Insert and Delete, those signatures have changed as well,
andI haven’t yet figured out how to alter pglogical for compiling these.

If anyone reading here is from 2nd Quadrant,I’m curious if this is actually being maintained. I did post these as an
issueon github.
—
Jay

Sent from my iPad

> On Jun 26, 2018, at 6:47 PM, David Morton <david.morton@eroad.com> wrote:
>
> Take a look at pglogical ... we've used it for 9.4 -> 9.6 and the same theories apply going to 10.x I imagine. People
haveused it in combination with pgbouncer to achieve near outage-less upgrades. Some helpful links below:
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/pglogical-logical-replication-postgresql-10/
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/near-zero-downtime-automated-upgrades-postgresql-clusters-cloud/
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/near-zero-downtime-automated-upgrades-postgresql-clusters-cloud-part-ii/
>

> On 27/06/18, 10:38 AM, "John Scalia" <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>    Hi all,
>
>    My employer is in the process of upgrading PostgreSQL, and they would like me to make this happen without any real
interruptionof service. As I understand it, 9.6 does not support the publish/subscribe model like 10.4 does, but
logicalreplication is the basis of that model. So, does anyone have any suggestions for how to implement the receiver
sideon a 10.4 server? Or could you at least point me to some sort of how-to page?

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4
От: Ganesh Korde
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication connection break - unexpected EOF onstandby connection