Re: pgsql_tmp and postgres settings

От Gourish Singbal
Тема Re: pgsql_tmp and postgres settings
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Where is the pgsql_tmp folder present ?.  i am unable to see it in the data directory of postgresql.

~gourish

On 6/9/06, Jim C. Nasby <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:23:04PM +0200, Domenico - Sal. F.lli Riva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During insert or update, potgresql write in pgsql_tmp directory and so
> performance are very poor.

pgsql_tmp is used if a query runs out of work_mem, so you can try
increasing that.

> My configuration is:
>
> Work mem                    10240
>
> Effective_cache_size      30000
You're off by a factor of 10.

> Shared buffers              9000
I'd suggest bumping that up to at least 30000.

> Postgresql (RPM from official website) 8.1.0

You should upgrade to 8.1.4. There's a number of data loss bugs waiting
to bite you.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby@pervasive.com
Pervasive Software       http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117