Re: [PERFORM] help me problems with pg_clog file

От Gourish Singbal
Тема Re: [PERFORM] help me problems with pg_clog file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Joao,

If you had send the Email to pgsql-admin mailing list you would have got a faster answer to ur query..

here is what i managed to do:-
1. I deleted the
$ls -lart the pg_clog folder
total 756
-rw-------   1 postgres users 262144 2006-04-10 17:16 0001
-rw-------   1 postgres users 262144 2006-04-10 17:16 0000
drwx------   2 postgres users   4096 2006-04-10 17:16 .
-rw-------   1 postgres users 229376 2006-05-31 18:17 0002
drwx------  10 postgres users   4096 2006-06-02 12:22 ..
$ mv 0002 ../
$ ls
0000  0001
$psql regression
regression=# select count(1) from accounts;
ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 2225656
DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/0002": No such file or directory
regression=# \q

This Error came since the 0002 file from the pg_clog folder was missing.
Since the logs are missing from pg_clog folder can perfom pg_resetxlogs to reset the logs and bring up the database.

$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /newdisk/postgres/data -l /newdisk/postgres/data_log stop
waiting for postmaster to shut down... done
postmaster stopped

$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_resetxlog -x 2999800 /newdisk/postgres/data
Transaction log reset

The Value 2999800 u can get if u see the postgresql output file during startup or using
grep "next transaction ID" /newdisk/postgres/data_log

than did the following:-
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql regression

regression=# select count(1) from accounts;
  count
---------
 1000001
(1 row)

regression=# \q

You can get more info from

Hope this gives u some usefull information in solving ur recovery condition.

~gourish