Re: Full Text Index disk space requirements

От
Тема Re: Full Text Index disk space requirements
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> ps. are you trying to use the stuf from the 'fulltextindex' directory in
>  contrib/?

Yes.

> I originally wrote this as an experiment, and it actually
> turned  out not to be fast enough for my purpose. I've never done
> anything with  full text indexing again, but I believe that currently
> there are better  solutions based on PostgreSQL (i.e. OpenFTI?)

Oh.  ...

In case anybody finds these archived, it's OpenFTS:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openfts/

Perhaps my question should be "What's the best full-text-index solution?"

Too open-ended?

PostgreSQL 7.1.3 (upgrading is not out of the question, but...)
~20,000 text articles scanned with OCR from _The Bulletin of the Atomic
Scientists_ (the Doomsday Clock folks)
Average text length: 9635 characters
    Max text length: 278227
Only 2000 of the texts are null or '', and those are probably "buglets"

Any other pertinent facts needed?