Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tim Allen <tim@proximity.com.au> writes:
> We've seen reports of people firing this particular foot-gun before,
> haven't we? Would it make sense to rename pg_xlog to something that
> doesn't sound like it's "just" full of log files? Eg pg_wal - something
> where the half-educated will have no idea what it is, and therefore not
> think they know what they can do with it.

There's something in what you say.  We'd have to rename pg_clog as well,
since that's even more critical than pg_xlog ...

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!