Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> For now it could - but it very well might be converted to sync_file_range or
> similar, which would have different "sideeffects".
>
> As the potential code duplication is rather small I would prefer to describe
> the prime effect not the sideeffects...

Hmm, in that case, I think the problem is that this function has no
comment explaining its intended charter.

...Robert