Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time
Дата
Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Aris Samad-Yahaya
<aris@quickschools.com> wrote:
> We vacuum analyze nightly, and vacuum normally ad-hoc (but we're going to
> schedule this weekly moving forward).
>
> Interesting pointer about system catalog bloat. I tried to vacuum full the
> system catalog tables (pg_*), and the performance for creating a single
> table manually improved dramatically (back to what it used to be), but as
> soon as I created the next schema, the performance went back down to the
> same level.
>
> So there's a clue there somewhere. Next I will try to vacuum full the entire
> database.

And maybe REINDEX, too.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time
Сообщение: Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time