Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 1. There is no (portable) way to pass the connection from the postmaster
> to another pre-existing process.

[Googles.]  It's not obvious to me that SCM_RIGHTS is non-portable,
and Windows has an API call WSADuplicateSocket() specifically for this
purpose.

> 2. You'd have to track which database, and probably which user, each
> such backend had been launched for; reconnecting a backend to a new
> database is probably impractical and would certainly invalidate all
> the caching.

User doesn't seem like a major problem, but I understand your point
about databases, which would presumably preclude the Apache approach
of having every backend call accept() on the master socket.

...Robert