Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Дата
Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Список pgsql-performance
> Where you *will* have some major OS risk is with testing-level software
> or "bleeding edge" Linux distros like Fedora. Quite frankly, I don't
> know why people run Fedora servers -- if it's Red Hat compatibility you
> want, there's CentOS.

I've had no stability problems with Fedora.  The worst experience I've
had with that distribution is that half the time the CD-burning
utilities seem to be flaky.  As for why that and not CentOS...  I like
having modern versions of all of my packages.  5 years is a long time
to get nothing but bugfixes.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Сообщение: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks