Re: 10.2: high cpu usage on update statement

От Kevin Wilkinson
Тема Re: 10.2: high cpu usage on update statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
resolved. sorry for not posting the resolution earlier.

it was a good puzzler. turns out the postgresql server used
network-attached disks. and the updated table had no index for the
updated columns. so, the update required a serial scan of the table over
the network. thus, the high cpu usage for updating a single row.

kevin