Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?

От Andrew Hammond
Тема Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?
Дата
Ответ на Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On 2/21/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> All users should upgrade to the most recent minor release as soon
> as is reasonable for the environment.  While upgrades always have some
> risk, PostgreSQL minor releases fix only bugs to reduce the risk of
> upgrading. To reduce issues a user may encounter the community strongly

Or...

Minor releases are intended to minimize the risk associated with
change while addressing important stability or security bugs. All
users are strongly encouraged to keep abreast of minor releases as
their maintenance windows permit. ...

Andrew

Сообщение: Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?