Re: Planning hot/live backups?

От Miguel Arroz
Тема Re: Planning hot/live backups?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi!

   Going a bit off topic, but one quick question: to avoid storing GB
of WAL files that will probably take a lot of time to reload, how can
the backup be "reset"? I suspect that it's something like stopping the
WAL archiving, doing a new base backup, and restart archiving, but
I've never done it (have been using SQL dumps), so...

   Yours

Miguel Arroz

On 2008/03/24, at 22:28, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> Steve Poe wrote:
>> At this point, I am just moving the pg_dumpall file to another
>> server. Pardon
>> my question: how would you 'ship the log files'?
>>

> [ You should cc the mailing list so that everyone can benefit from
> the conversation. ]
>
> RTM: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/continuous-archiving.html
>

> -
> Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org