Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Wow, Simon! :-))

yes, I'm working in Sun Benchmark Center :-))
(I'm not using my Sun email on public lists only to avid a spam)

and as came here and asking questions it's probably proving my
intentions to show PostgreSQL in its best light, no?.. - I never liked
"not honest" comparisons :-))

Regarding your bet: from a very young age I learned a one thing - you
take any 2 person who betting for any reason - you'll find in them one
idiot and one bastard :-))   idiot - because betting while missing
knowledge, and bastard - because knowing the truth is not honset to
get a profit from idiots :-))  That's why I never betting in my life,
but every time telling the same story in such situation... Did you
like it? ;-))

However, no problem to give you a credit as well to all pg-perf list
as it provides a very valuable help! :-))

Rgds,
-Dimitri

On 5/12/09, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 12:19 +0200, Dimitri wrote:
>
>> For my big surprise, MySQL was faster!
>
> Ours too.
>
> ** I bet you $1000 that I can improve the performance of your benchmark
> results with PostgreSQL. You give me $1000 up-front and if I can't
> improve your high end numbers I'll give you $2000 back. Either way, you
> name me and link to me from your blog. Assuming you re-run the tests as
> requested and give me reasonable access to info and measurements. **
>
> I note your blog identifies you as a Sun employee. Is that correct? If
> you do not give us the opportunity to improve upon the results then
> reasonable observers might be persuaded you did not wish to show
> PostgreSQL in its best light. You up for it?
>
> --
>  Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.com
>  PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support

Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..