Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The story is simple: for the launching of MySQL 5.4 I've done a
testing comparing available on that time variations of InnoDB engines,
and at the end by curiosity started the same test with PostgreSQL
8.3.7 to see if MySQL performance level is more close to PostgreSQL
now (PG was a strong true winner before). For my big surprise MySQL
5.4 outpassed 8.3.7...
However, analyzing the PostgreSQL processing I got a feeling something
goes wrong on PG side.. So, now I've installed both 8.3.7 and 8.4beta1
to see more in depth what's going on. Currently 8.4 performs much
better than 8.3.7, but there is still a room for improvement if such a
small query may go faster :-)

Rgds,
-Dimitri

On 5/6/09, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
> Dimitri wrote:
>> I've run several tests before and now going in depth to understand if
>> there is nothing wrong. Due such a single query time difference InnoDB
>> is doing 2-3 times better TPS level comparing to PostgreSQL..
>
> Why don't you use MySQL then?
> Or tune PostgreSQL?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..