Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Let's stay optimist - at least now you know the main source of your problem! :))

Let's see now with CURSOR...

Firstly try this:
munnin=>\timing
munnin=>\set FETCH_COUNT 1;
munnin=>select * from "tblItem";

what's the time you see here? (I think your application is working in
this manner)

Now, change the FETCH_COUNT to 10, then 50, then 100 - your query
execution time should be better (at least I hope so :))

And if it's better - you simply need to modify your FETCH clause with
adapted "FORWARD #" value (the best example is psql source code
itself, you may find ExecQueryUsingCursor function implementation
(file common.c))...

Rgds,
-Dimitri