Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Rainer,

but did you try to execute your query directly from 'psql' ?...

Why I'm asking: seems to me your case is probably just network latency
dependent, and what I noticed during last benchmarks with PostgreSQL
the SELECT query become very traffic hungry if you are using CURSOR.
Program 'psql' is implemented to not use CURSOR by default, so it'll
be easy to check if you're meeting this issue or not just by executing
your query remotely from 'psql'...

Rgds,
-Dimitri

On 6/21/07, Rainer Bauer <usenet@munnin.com> wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>
> >I seem to recall that we've seen similar reports before, always
> >involving Windows :-(.  Check whether you have any nonstandard
> >components hooking into the network stack on that machine.
>
> I just repeated the test by booting into "Safe Mode with Network Support",
> but
> the results are the same. So I don't think that's the cause.
>
> Apart from that, what response times could I expect?
>
> Rainer

Сообщение: Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL
Сообщение: Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL