Re: Updates to my PostgreSQL Wiki

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Updates to my PostgreSQL Wiki
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 4, 2006, at 7:04 , Redefined Horizons wrote:

> P.S. - I still have some sections to complete on the article about
> automatic backups. I was also wondering, what is the -c switch used
> for? What type of custom format would you export in a postgreSQL
> backup?

Are you referring to the -Fc flag for pg_dump? Something that I was
recently made aware of was this[1]:

> Output a custom archive suitable for input into pg_restore. This is
> the most flexible format in that it allows reordering of loading
> data as well as object definitions. This format is also compressed
> by default.

You can use the --list and --use-list flags for pg_restore[2] to take
advantage of the custom format dump file.

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

[1](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-pgdump.html)