Re: file in posgres

От Alain Rodriguez Arias
Тема Re: file in posgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok I'm using the EMS PostgreSQL Manager Pro utility to export my data into a XML, the thing is that when I got a bytea field, which i use to save files, when i tried to import the XML I have just create the file is corrupt.
I believe it has something to do with the XML encoding I'using or something like that???
Any help please.
The bytea field I'm using it to save PDF file!!!!!

On 12/21/05, Alain Rodriguez Arias <alainrod@gmail.com> wrote:
What do you mean with this???????
 binary data in XML needs to be uuencoded afaik,

On 12/19/05, Jim Nasby <jnasby@pervasive.com > wrote:
Including -admin back in the discussion...

Well, binary data in XML needs to be uuencoded afaik, and of course you'll want to put it in a CDATA block.

PostgreSQL doesn't have any XML support built-in, but there's at least one project that has stuff to help deal with XML. I think it's in pgFoundry, though there may be some stuff in contrib as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alain Rodriguez Arias [mailto:alainrod@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 3:10 PM
To: Jim Nasby
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] file in posgres

Naybe you missunderstood me, i need to export all the data of a table into an XML format, and I'm afraid to have any trouble with the bytea data type that I use to store files.  Can't you tell if there is any problem with that and if not how do I do the export to XML???

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/datatype-binary.html

> I also need to  convert the data of a tble into  XML???

No reason to do that in the database... though if you end up storing XML
you should just stick it in a text field.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby@pervasive.com
Pervasive Software       http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117