Re: select slow?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: select slow?
Дата
PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel.  ("Gary Doades" <gpd@gpdnet.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-performance
"Jaime Casanova" <el_vigia_ec@hotmail.com> writes:
> There are no indexes yet, and the table is just 6 rows long so even if
> indexes exists the planner will do a seq scan. that's my whole point 63m for
> seq scan in 6 rows table is too much.

That was 63 milliseconds, according to your original post, which seems
perfectly reasonable to me seeing that it's not a super-duper server.

The problem sounds to be either on the client side or somewhere in your
network.  I don't know anything about VB, but you might want to look
through the client-side operations to see what could be eating up the 13
seconds.