Re: PostgreSQL oom_adj postmaster process to -17

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL oom_adj postmaster process to -17
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Radovan Jablonovsky <radovan.jablonovsky@replicon.com> wrote:

> We are running PostgreSQL version 9.1.1

You should apply the latest bug fixes by updating to 9.1.4.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

> with 32GB of RAM, 32GB of SWAP and during high load we could reach
> (swap + RAM) memory limit.

If you're even *starting* to swap you're doing something wrong, much
less exhausting swap space equal to actual RAM.  What is your
configuration?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

While it's probably a good idea to configure the OOM killer to
behave more sanely, we tend to ignore it in favor of ensuring that
it never comes into play.  We run about 200 databases 24/7 and I
think I've seen it kick in about twice -- when we ran queries that
leaked memory on each row in a big query.

-Kevin